Dairy Care Academy
NEW in 2019: Dairy Care Academy
To further help MMPA farms continue to provide the best care for their animals, MMPA has developed a new program: Dairy Care Academy. Continuous training of animal caretakers is a requirement for the F.A.R.M., or Farmers Assuring Responsible Management, program which is a third-party verified animal care and welfare nationwide program. Since 2016, 100 percent of MMPA farms have been enrolled in the FARM animal care program.
This new program is a free, day-long interactive training opportunity covering areas such as proper milking practices, stockmanship and calf care. These training sessions are designed to reinforce to employees why training and knowledge is important, provide a live forum for interaction and improve employee performance on the farm. Dairy Care Academy will be covering similar content of the Milker Training and Calf Care Schools. Classroom-style or on-farm training is available to members upon request.
Upcoming Dairy Care Academy Dates:
- February 12: Litchfield Regional Training Center-181 Simpson Dr., Litchfield, Michigan
- February 26: GreenStone Farm Credit Services- 3515 West Rd., East Lansing, Michigan
- March 12: Eddie G’s- 8485 W. Marlette Rd., Marlette, Michigan
- March 27: Mecosta County Building- 400 Elm St., Big Rapids, Michigan
- April 9: George N. Fletcher Public Library- 211 N. 1st Ave., Alpena, Michigan
Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. with the first session beginning at 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and includes lunch.
To Sign up: Call Marianne in Member Services at 248-442-7597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each Dairy Care Academy training will be limited to 30 participants so signing up early is recommended.