Dairy Care Academy
NEW in 2019: Dairy Care Academy
To further help MMPA farms provide the best care for their animals, MMPA has developed a new program: Dairy Care Academy. Continuous training of animal caretakers is a requirement for the F.A.R.M., or Farmers Assuring Responsible Management, program which is a national third-party verified animal care and welfare program. Since 2016, 100 percent of MMPA farms have been enrolled in the FARM animal care program.
This new program is a free, day-long interactive training opportunity covering areas such as milking practices, dairy stockmanship and calf care. These training sessions are designed to reinforce to employees why training and knowledge is important, provide a live forum for interaction and improve employee performance on the farm. Dairy Care Academy will be covering similar content of the Milker Training and Calf Care Schools. Classroom-style or on-farm training is available to members upon request.
Upcoming Dairy Care Academy Dates:
- February 12: Litchfield Regional Training Center-181 Simpson Dr., Litchfield, Michigan
- February 26: GreenStone Farm Credit Services- 3515 West Rd., East Lansing, Michigan
- March 12: Eddie G’s- 6485 W. Marlette Rd., Marlette, Michigan
- April 3: Mecosta County Building- 14485 Northland Dr., Big Rapids, Michigan
- April 9: George N. Fletcher Public Library- 211 N. 1st Ave., Alpena, Michigan
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. The program runs from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and includes lunch.
Sign up online or call Marianne in Member Services at 248-442-7597. Each Dairy Care Academy training will be limited to 30 participants so signing up early is recommended.