Across the stunning landscapes of the Great Lakes region, MMPA members have the unique opportunity to capture beautiful scenes like the morning fog rolling across corn fields, a newborn calf’s big eyes taking in new wonders of the world or memorable moments of farmers caring for their cows. MMPA is offering a photo contest in 2018 to showcase members’ photos.
Contest applicants are encouraged to submit photos that are reflective of what encompasses our cooperative and capture a wide variety of the dairy farm lifestyle. Photos can include but are not limited to cattle, crops, equipment, dairy events and families working together. The deadline to submit is August 1, 2018.
Winning photographers will receive:
1st place: $100 certificate to the member merchandise program. Photo will appear on the cover of the November issue of the Michigan Milk Messenger
2nd place: $50 certificate to the member merchandise program
3rd place: Cheese gift box from Heritage Ridge Creamery
- Applicants must be a member, employed by a member or related to a member of the Michigan Milk Producers Association.
- Applicants may only submit each photo once and it should be accompanied by a completed entry form and photo release. Applicants may submit more than one photo, but must include a separate entry form and photo release for each entry.
- All photographs must be your own original creation. Photos that have been digitally altered, as determined by MMPA as going beyond standard optimization, will be disqualified.
- By submitting entries, photographers are granting MMPA the rights to use image(s) to use said photo in any promotional or education materials, publications or projects. All entries submitted will become the property of MMPA and will not be returned.
- Entries will be judged on composition, quality and character of the image, suitability and/or creativity and overall impression of the photo.
- Photos and entry forms must be submitted by August 1, 2018 to email@example.com or by mail to Michigan Milk Producers Association, Attn: Photo Contest, P.O. Box 8002, Novi, MI 48376
- Minimum resolution requirement for digital photos is 1.5 MB or larger and photos must be saved as JPEG or TIF files. Low resolution submissions will not be included in the contest. Photos taken by a smart phone are eligible, as long as they are not low resolution.
- To submit a large file, please upload the photo to a file sharing service and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed submissions must be in digital form via CD or USB. No printed submissions will be included in the contest.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Krista Schrock at 269-986-6792 or by email at email@example.com.