At our core, MMPA is committed to cooperative social responsibility and sustainable business practices throughout our entire supply chain. The three pillars of sustainability—people, planet and profit—are vital to MMPA’s transparency, growth and success for our members, employees, stakeholders and our communities.
At MMPA, we are mindful that our business decisions and operations have a direct impact on our environment, communities, customers and coworkers. We believe social responsibility and sustainability is not just a destination, but a journey toward continuous improvement.
In 2020, MMPA formed the Farmer Sustainability Advisory Committee to formalize member engagement in our sustainability program and foster feedback and insight from members on farm sustainability efforts.
MMPA is devoted to our core values: quality, integrity, progressive, leadership and community. We have a long history of supporting our communities ever since MMPA was founded in 1916. Our outreach efforts extend from dairy community events to youth development programs to support of local food banks.
gallons of milk
donated to food banks since 2015
Our cooperative, our team and our members support:
- Milk donations to the Food Bank Council of Michigan
- Scholarships for MMPA members and their employees
- Community event sponsorships
- Breakfast on the Farm events
- Great Dairy Adventure
- Ag and Dairy Days at the Capitol
- Michigan Dairy Ambassador Program
- Michigan Dairy Memorial and Scholarship Foundation
- Michigan Livestock Expo and Sale-abration
Our Sustainability Mission
To continually strive for a more sustainable future for our community, our environment, our economy’s health, and for the lives and world around us.
- Continuous improvement
- Water quality and quantity
- Agrochemicals and fuels
- Value chain and local economy
- Animal welfare
- Social and human capital